- AWPS Essay 2009
Courageous Spirit, by John Cartwright (332 kb)
- Manila Study Booklet for 2011
- AWPS Handbook — Updated Aug 2011 (233 KB)
- AWPS Contacts —2011 (217 KB)
- Japan Yearly Meeting Epistle 2010
- Australia YM Epistle 2012
- Mid India YM Epistle 2010
- Aotearoa NZ epistle 2012
Websites of interest to Evangelical Friends
A Response from the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Britain to the World Council of Churches Faith and Order Paper 198, The nature and mission of the Church: a stage on the way to a common statement
Learning to listen to the divine voice within us, we can all become peacemakers. Read further how the African Great Lakes initiative is working to turn conflicts there into positive pathways for peace.
Have a glimpse at some of the things that your roving reporter Emily Chapman-Searle has been up to while abroad.
James Backhouse Lectures
The annual Lecture presented by Quakers in Australia, the James Backhouse Lecture, often touches on themes pertinent to the Asia-West Pacific Section.
The entire list of lectures is catalogued here.
One of these lectures on the subject of Quaker encounters with other religions, including those of Africa and Asia was delivered in 1997 by Richard G. Meredith. It is available on pdf (974Kb) and as an MP3 to listen to here.
Other lectures of possible interest to the AWPS section are:
- 1986 - Looking for Meanings of my A-Bomb Experience in Nagasaki, Susumu Ishitani
- 1994 - As the Mirror Burns : Making a Film about Vietnam, Di Bretherton
- 1995 - Emerging Currents in the Asia-Pacific, Donna Kyle Anderton and Barbara Baker Bird
- 2002 - To Do Justly, And to Love Mercy: Learning from Quaker Service, Mark Deasey