A number of organisations in our part of the world share the goals and spiritual feelings of Quakers. Some are part of the larger Quaker organisation while others work alongside Quakers. Here are some of them:
- Christian Peacemaker Teams - What would happen if Christians devoted the same discipline and self-sacrifice to nonviolent peacemaking that armies devote to war?
- Friends' Peace Teams - Indonesia project - seeks to connect communities of conscience between the U.S. and Indonesia to provide opportunities for conscientious service....
See articles on this site about the Indonesia Initiative and their Report to the New York YM
See also this message from M Dahlan in Aceh Timor and this email from Nadine about a small boy with diabilities in Ririn in Indonesia.
- Quaker Service Australia - Quakers' service and overseas aid organisation.
- Quakers United Nations Office (QUNO) - Since the founding of the United Nations in 1945, Quakers have shared that organisation's aims and supported its efforts to abolish war and promote peaceful resolution of conflicts, human rights, economic justice and good governance....
- Right Sharing of World Resources - A Quaker program supporting grassroots projects for economic development and offering educational materials for the study of the lives of the poor, the lives of the rich, and the spiritual meaning of both....
- Alternatives to Violence Project Australia - a network of independent not-for-profit grass-roots volunteer groups offering experiential workshops on creative conflict transformation in prisons, schools, and the wider community.
- Alternatives to Violence Project Aotearoa (New Zealand)